- Onshore block of 27,000km2 with proposed 90% working interest, subject to entering a new PSA
- Virtually unexplored acreage position but highly accessible terrain near Dakar/St. Louis
- High potential Paleozoic play with multiple trapping scenarios
- Proposed PSA Period: 7 year exploration licence
- Work commitment: 1,100km of 2D seismic and 1 well to 3,000m
View corporate strategy
A major portion of the Louga Block is located on a Paleozoic basin. Petroleum exploration efforts in Senegal have historically been focused upon the exploration of the Mesocenozoic Basin. The existence of a Paleozoic Basin has presented significant hydrocarbon potential based on the results of various geological, geophysical and geochemical studies carried out during the different exploration phases.